Friday, July 29, 2011

An Unpleasant Anniversary

Today is July 29th (just barely--I happened to be up past midnight, working at the computer, when I noticed the date). It was four years ago on this date that I got a call from Floyd Medical Center in Rome informing me that Dad was there, and that he had collapsed at WalMart. I won't run through all the details of that horrible day; you can read about it and the subsequent sorrows by going back to my 2007 blog entries.

But I will always envy my sister Kimberly on this date. You see, back on July 29th, 2007, she and Cole and Jessica had a very pleasant lunch with Dad--they got to see him smiling and happy on that last day, they got to talk with him, they got to do all the things that I wish I could have done one more time. I will always envy that.

I miss you, Dad. You left us far, far too soon...

No comments: