Friday, July 08, 2011

Clear No Longer Clear

For the first year or so that Clear offered 4G coverage in metro Atlanta, there was no coverage at my house. I have a portable Clear MySpot modem that I would occasionally bring home from the store to see if it worked at the house; the service would get weaker and weaker, finally ending two or three houses away from me.

Last November, the Clear modem began to work from the upstairs rooms of the house, offering second-string backup internet service that worked tolerably in the event of a power failure that took out the other internet services.

But this week, the MySpot modem is once again blinking red, indicating that whatever tower Clear had activated that offered service at my house is gone. Why they've shut it down is not Clear, however...

No comments: