Saturday, April 19, 2008

Two Months

I just passed the two-month mark regarding the problems with my right leg. Someone had written to ask if things had cleared up, since I haven't mentioned it much lately.

Unfortunately, no. I have seen some improvement, which is a good sign, but I still have problems with limiting pain in my right thigh (primarily to the outside and back of the thigh, just above the knee) and my right shin, just above the ankle. I tend to get cramps if I stand still for very long, and I have more pain when I fully extend my leg, but it's there all the time, no matter what I do.

When things started to improve slightly, I tried going on Crestor, a statin with fewer side effects, but within a few days of starting back, the pain began to increase, so I went back to the no-statin approach for a while long This marks eight no-statin weeks; I'm going back to Dr. Mike on Monday, April 28th, and they'll check my cholesterol levels then, so we'll see how much of a negative effect two statin-free months have had.

I certainly hope to get back to a point when I can take for granted such simple things as walking or running, but I'm not there yet.

No comments: