Thursday, April 17, 2008

Dreams of a Nachos Mara Fiend

Another strange dream-amalgam last night. I'll toss out a quick summary, and you can see how many current events from my life you can find in the subtext of this one...

Susan and Charles and I drove to Austin, TX to look for some Robert E. Howard paperbacks and some books with Jeff Jones covers. When we got there, we realized that we had taken our cats with us. We stopped to pick up books first, and while we found the REH books, the cats discovered the Jeff Jones-covered Guardians paperbacks and pawed at them until we bought them. We then went to a hotel to stay overnight before driving back; as we were checking in, I realized that all the students from my 2000 yearbook staff were also checking in; they reminded me that I needed to sign their yearbooks. Just as we got to our rooms, I had a severe pain in my side; it turned out to be appendicitis. Since we had no sharp instruments because Charles's knives had been stolen from his luggage, Susan somehow convinced the cats to carefully claw open my abdomen so that she could use cross-stitch floss to tie off my appendix and remove it. They had just finished when Charles opened the curtains and we could see a monstrously large tornado approaching our hotel...

Then a passing school bus woke me up, and try as I might, I couldn't get back to sleep to see what happened next. I really wanted to know, too!...

No comments: