Saturday, May 10, 2008

Wedding Day

My sister, Kimberly, is getting married to Phil Wilson today; the two of them are very happy together. Phil helped her to get through one of the most difficult times of her life last summer when Dad died, and I know that sort of experience can be a "test of fire" for any relationship. This is the first of two weddings coming up for the family this year; Jess and Adam are getting married in September, so Jess and Kim have been doing a lot of mutual wedding planning, shopping, etc.

It's no secret that I'm not a big fan of weddings, even though I'm very happy for the couple; the good news is, I don't actually have to be in this one. I just get to watch and celebrate, so that makes it much better.

Only wish that Mom and Dad could be here to celebrate as well...

No comments: