Thursday, March 29, 2007

Not-So-Total Recall

We've had a bit of a problem with one reorder from Diamond; it somehow got lost in the system, and no one can figure out what happened to it. Our fill-in rep, John Brolle (who adopted us while our regular rep, Natacha, is on maternity leave) thought he had the problem solved on multiple occasions, only to find out that some glitch had once again prevented the box from coming to us. He thought the final resolution had occurred, and told us that the box was shipping out Monday; alas, it still didn't make it. I asked John about it, he checked and wrote back to me very apologetically, saying basically that he didn't know what went wrong and that he appreciated the fact that I wasn't yelling at him loudly at this point.

"I've been with Diamond for more than twenty years," I replied, "and they've never failed to take care of me. And we remember the effort expended in resolving the situation long after the problem itself has been forgotten." And it's true--I can remember situations when folks have gone to a great deal of trouble to help me solve a problem, but for the life of me I can no longer remember what those problems were.

No comments: