Monday, March 02, 2009

Happy Birthday, Kim!

Today's my sister's birthday... and I hope it was a good one. Alas, I haven't been able to talk with her today; her job with a tax services company means that she's swamped right now, working long hours that keep her away from her desk. I left her a message or three, but I know how demanding her schedule has been of late, so I suspect it'll be a day or so before I get to speak to her.

I miss getting to spend more time with Kim; the 55 miles distance between us seems to get longer with each passing year, unfortunately, and we speak less than we used to. I think part of that is a result of the changes in our lives, and partly because of Dad's death; it's obvious now that he and Mom were pivotal in our lives, and a lot of the time we were lucky enough to spend together was time that we also shared with one or both of them.

So while I don't know how Kim got to spend her birthday, I hope that there were moments of laughter and times of memories shared with Phil and Cole and Jessica and Christy and Adam. May this be the latest of many, many more happy birthdays!

No comments: