Thursday, April 12, 2007

Quitting the Club

Today, I got rid of my golf clubs.

It's not like I gave up a long-standing hobby, mind you. These were clubs that my dad gave me in the early 1980s, when we lived in Kennesaw at our first house. They've moved with me from that house to Milstead Circle to our current address on Carillon Crossing, but they've sat unused through two moves now. Dad loved golf, and I tried it a time or two; I enjoyed it, but I finally admitted that my life is filled with enough entertainment without yet another time-consuming hobby.

Besides, I haven't lived in Kennesaw for twenty years now. If I haven't used 'em in twenty years, I think it's safe to say that I'm not too addicted to golf.

One more space-consuming bit of my past gone. I donated 'em to Goodwill, where I hope someone else will get far more use out of them than I did. Golf clubs are meant to be played, not to be hidden in a basement...

No comments: