Saturday, January 13, 2007

Curse of the Cat People

It's official. I've become one of those "cat people" you hear about. And the picture to the left of this paragraph is absolute, incontrovertible proof of that fact.

I've been shopping around for a good 7.1 A/V receiver; I finally narrowed it down to a Sony, a Denon, and a Pioneer Elite unit. Each of them is fairly large--one is about 35 pounds, the other two are about 30 pounds each, and all three are about 7" high x 17" wide by 17"/18" deep.

I have just enough space in my A/V rack for the unit.

Problem is, Anna likes to sleep right where you see her curled up in that photo... and if I put the receiver there, she won't be able to get into her favorite early-evening sleeping space.

So it looks like I'm going to forego the amplifier and get by with my current, more limited, sound system unless/until Anna decides she'd rather sleep somewhere else.

Yep... one of those cat people...

No comments: