Sunday, June 02, 2013

Who Will Replace Matt Smith?

It's official: Matt Smith is out as the Doctor as of this year's Christmas Special. I'm particularly sad to hear this, since it was Matt Smith's quirky charm that first attracted me to Doctor Who after I was so turned off by the first two Christopher Eccleston episodes. Everyone who follows the series has a favorite Doctor, and Matt Smith was mine. Now I know how those David Tennant fans must have felt when they heard that Season 4 would be his last...

No idea who the next Doctor might be, but I'm sure he'll be someone quite different from Matt Smith or David Tennant or Christopher Eccleston. They've made a point of having each Doctor decidedly different from those who preceded him, and I'm sure this year will be no exception. But it'll be a different show without Smith, at least for me...

No comments: