Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Breaking Records

Today, I experienced the downside of relying on the USPS to deliver out-of-print vinyl record orders. (That's a copy of Billy Joel's The Stranger that has experienced vinyl separation anxiety due to someone bending the box and the record in half at some point in its transit...)

I guess I'm pretty lucky... I've only had two records damaged in shipping so far. One was a copy of Blind Faith that was cracked on the outer edge (bad packing was partly to blame on that one), but in this case the seller had packed the vinyl quite well. It took some real effort to bend the cardboard box sufficiently to break the record on this one. *sigh*

At least it's not a record that's particularly hard to find... In fact, the original seller thinks he may have another copy, and he's going to let me know tomorrow.

No comments: