Thursday, February 21, 2008

Walking the Walk

I'm continuing to get better... I think.

Not a whole lot better, unfortunately; it's not a quick recovery. I still have pain when I walk, I still can't lie flat on my back due to severe thigh pain that it causes, I still can't do some of the exercises I've been doing for years and thus am having to modify my routines to get the same health benefits while allowing my affected leg muscles time to heal.

From what I've read and from what I've been told, it's not a "right-away" sort of thing, but the fact that I've seen some improvement in the first week off simvastatin is a positive sign that I should continue to improve gradually.

I had no idea a week ago how much I'd look forward to things like walking normally, sleeping in my bed, doing bench weight exercises, and just standing still without pain.

1 comment:

Lanny said...

I hope you feel MUCH better VERY soon.

I hate to see people having a difficult time with a health issue ESRECIALLY someone like you who is working so hard to be healthy.

Hang in there good sir.