Sunday, June 10, 2007

Worst. Ending. Ever

Just watched the final episode of The Sopranos.

It's very rare that a creator can deliver a final episode so unsatisfying, so abominably wretched that it makes me wish I could have back all the time I've put into watching six seasons that preceded this episode... but David Chase did just that.

I can't possibly conceive of any series ending that could be any worse than this. If you don't want it ruined, then go somewhere else...

I'm only waiting another second or two...

...It didn't end. It just stopped. Right in the middle of a scene. So abruptly did it end that I, and probably millions of others, thought that their HBO feed had failed.

There was no finale, just a creative "screw you" to the audience.

I may very well drop HBO at this point, just to express my displeasure. (And it's not like they've got anything else on the schedule worth watching; every other new series they have is execrable.)

No comments: