Saturday, January 05, 2013

An Annual Quest

Since I've been working on these weekly 50 Years Ago This Week in West Rome features for the West Rome newsletter and for these pages, I decided it would be most helpful if I could actually track down copies of the West Rome Watanyah (the school yearbook) for the years I'm chronicling--that way, I could take scans of some photos from the book to accompany the news coverage. Alas, some yearbooks are proving quite difficult to find. If anyone out there has a lead on copies of West Rome yearbooks for 1962, 1964, 1965, and 1966, I'd appreciate it if you'd let me know the source and the price.  I've tracked down 1961 and 1963, and have 1967-71 already--and I figure it'll be several more years before I need volumes later than that (although I'd certainly pick them up if the price was right... may as well get 'em now!).

I'd also be interested in 1959 and 1960 yearbooks, although that's just to satisfy my completist nature. I will say, though, that I've had a couple of emails from people asking me to do highlights from those years, since my 50 Years Ago feature began with the fall of 1962, so they could come in handy for that, at least!

I've tried Dogwood Books in Rome, my source for some other bits of Rome history, but they don't currently have any of those volumes in stock.

Just leave a post here if you have a lead on one of the missing volumes!

No comments: