Wednesday, December 21, 2011

I'll Side With Santa

This morning, I saw an egregiously offensive TV spot that cast Santa as a Christmas grinch who ends a nasty tirade with the words, "I don't do poor countries." So who's responsible for the commercial?

UNICEF.

Guess what? I no longer do UNICEF. I'd rather side with Santa instead.

I considered posting a link, but I find the commercial to be so bilious that I chose not to do so. If you want to see it for yourself, search on Youtube. It's still there, for now at least...

1 comment:

Doug G said...

We found out another dirty secret about UNICEF a few years ago, when our friend adopted two girls from Guatemala. According to her, many foreign adoptions in Latin America are being blocked because UNICEF is making "aid" payments to the governments. The funds never make it down to poor families, who are literally having to choose which children to keep and which to give up. The UN is essentially propping up these corrupt regimes.